Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011 Year In Review


Since my memory is so horribly bad, I thought I would steal my SIL's idea to blog a year in review post. Although our year wasn't quite as thrilling as Kev and Becky's a lot still went on around here.
I know I'm leaving out a ton of stuff that I'm sure was quite hilarious, so I'm going to have to rely on Toby, Brian, and Scout reading this to tell me what I've left out!

We started the year with Landry acting silly with Rylie in her crib.
(can you believe how much she's gown)

We had a lot of snow in February, Landry decided she loved it this year......
We had a baby shower for Shannon to celebrate the long awaited arrival of my niece and nephew!



We welcomed baby CeCe and Woody to our ever growing extended family. We were so thrilled for Shannon and Marcus! (which I have no electronic pictures of because they are on my missing camera card - ugh)

We had our first big family vacation where Terra and the twins joined us. We spent a week in beautiful Fort Morgan, AL and fell in love. We are counting down the days until we go again this year. So many pictures, no way I could post them all. We drove into Pensacola to see the Blue Angels. I had to drag everyone whining and complaining and they ended up loving it and can't wait to see them perform again.



Hours and hours on the beach we played and played. Rylie got another tooth, Terra got her exercise pushing the jogging stroller on the beach, and they boys got some fun quality time WITHOUT electronics with the parents! The twins marked there territory by peeing all over the floor at Tacky Jack's (I'm sure it wasn't the first time it was peed on however). I'm sure there are lots of funny stories, but I have already forgotten them. Terra can remind me and I can add them!
We celebrated Rylie's 1st birthday with family and close friends.



We took the girls on a whim to Disneyland for the weekend in October. Hope they remember it as I've lost the camera card, so we have NO pictures from the trip (Lord, I pray we find the card)!

Landry had her first dance recital dancing to Silent Night. It was the most precious thing and Rylie rocked out to all the music of the acts. It was hilarious!
Christmas was strange this year as it was just me, Brian, and the girls. The rest of the family was in Houston and the boys didn't come home until the 28th. Regardless, the girls loved it!


We ended the year celebrating Landry's 4th birthday, I can't believe how grown up she is now!



1 comment:

Tara said...

Loved this recap! Miss you, friend.